Working as part of a Project Management Office delivering various Minor & Major Capital Projects for BHP Billiton.
- Ventilation Fan for Underground mine with associated infrastructure (roads and electrical) was one of the Major Capital Projects with the installation of a Ventilation Fan to improve ventilation Underground on various levels within the Mine. With a budget of US$39m it was definitely not a small project.
The Scope for this project included the following:
- Sinking a shaft through the various levels
- Installation and Commissioning of the Fan
- Roads & Infrastructure
- Incline Fire Suppression System installation into the incline shaft.
The project included the installation and commissioning of a Fire Suppression system, which included;
- Installation of Sprinkler Piping the entire length of the incline shaft (in excess of 1.2km)
- Installation of Sprinkler Pump
- Construction of a Sprinkler Pump Room
- Construction of Holding Reservoirs